Where would we be without Need4Sheed? I don't know anything about those guys except that I'm originally from Detroit, and I think Need4Sheed does a better job covering the Pistons than the local newspapers do. This video is the latest example. It features Will Blalock, Jason Maxiell, Amir Johnson and Rasheed Wallace… »
What to watch while carving roast beast...
• College football: Motor City Bowl, Central Michigan vs. Middle Tennessee. Because nothing is more beautiful than Detroit in December. [ESPN]
• NHL: Bruins at Blue Jackets. What is this "hockey" you speak of? [VS]
• NBA: Rockets at Pacers. Rafer Alston is like Howie Coyle:… »
• Fond memories of Ken O'Brien and the NFL QB Challenge [Veteran Presence]
• Did you win your fantasy football league? Here's the form letter you should use to talk trash. [Sportszilla]
• Lions fans suck as much at protesting as Matt Millen sucks at drafting. [Clubber Lang's Basement]
• Seriously, why can't Merrill… »
I always thought the problem with the Harlem Globetrotters was they didn't push the envelope enough. Sure, they'd pull down the referee's pants, but they'd leave his underwear on. What's up with that? »
Suggested questions for today's ESPN SportsNation chatters...
• Noon. NBA with Marc Stein: My mom gave me a synthetic jacket for Christmas and I wanted a leather one. Should I return it?
• 1 p.m. NFL with Matt Williamson: If the Giants lose, the Falcons tie and the Panthers win, can they just call off the NFC wild… »
Nothing epitomizes the spirit of Christmas like going to a movie and starting a brawl, and that's exactly what a bunch of people in Chicago did last night. Six adult men, three juveniles and one adult woman were arrested in separate instances of violence in three Windy City movie theaters. Here's what Chicago Police… »
Venus and Serena Williams are adults, and therefore they're under no legal obligation to do what their father, Richard Williams, says they'll do. That apparently comes as news to two tennis promoters who sued Richard Williams, saying he backed out of a contract to have the sisters take on male tennis players in a… »
There are two kinds of people I like to think I'm superior to even though I'm clearly not: Wikipedia writers and male gymnasts. With the former group it's because they're doing for free what I do for money, and with the latter it's because they wear tights. But then I read Wikipedia and see how good it is and realize… »
A racehorse at Payson Park training center in Florida died last week, and authorities are concerned that the horse's disease could spread. The disease was, um, well, let me have an expert, Dr. Mary Scollay, the track veterinarian at Calder Race Course, tell you: »
By week 17 of the NFL season, most teams are either already locked into their playoff positions or already eliminated. That means the average NFL player cares as much about the 16th game of the season as Shaq cares about the 10th through 70th games of the NBA season. »
If you notice this week that the word "I" makes its appearance where you'd expect to see "we," that's because our friendly editor, Will Leitch, is taking some much-deserved time off. My name is Michael David Smith and I'm the first pinch hitter. If you'd like to know more about me, I write for Football Outsiders and … »